Thursday 2 January 2014

Introspection: my year 2013

“When you really want to achieve something, the whole universe conspires in helping you to achieve it ..” and so said Paulo Coelho. I vouch for this statement and So, I had set out this goal for me to post everyday for a month and what better day to begin then the first day of the first month of the year. I was looking across the internet for some daily prompts for January month but in vain.  And today, through chain reaction, I stumbled upon Blogathon 2014 which aims to help bloggers achieve just the same: blogging everyday for a month. Ahh.. love such chance discoveries..
So lets get back to action.
 2013 was a good year and while there were some sour moments but I am so grateful for the oppurtunities and everything it brought.
I am not very comfortable of heights but when the adventure of zip-lining was put in front, I somehow, said “Yes”. Even though, I asked tons of questions to the guide and was triple-checked my gloves and the safety gear, the rope and all and shivered with nervousness before every zip-line, I did it and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. And I was so proud of myself. Here’s a photo of the remarkable feat.

This year I got to spend maximum time with my parents after my marriage. They came and stayed with me for a day or two on their way to Kerala in February, then together we went to Mussoorrie for a family event and then in Christmas this year, they came here for few days and with Christmas holiday and weekend, I got to spend some good time with them.
I got this opportunity for one interview which was good and I could not clear it, which was sad but I am so thankful for the experience.
We invested in a property and well we are now stuck in the loan cycle and sometimes, on hindsight, I wonder if the location is okay or we should have taken more time to decide or if it was risk worth-taking to get into this huge loan. But it was a huge step for us and I am thankful for the opportunity.

All-in-all, life was good in year 2013. There were times, when I cried buckets, was cranky for no reasons, had some big fights, worried a lot and got pimples, I feel blessed for whatever 2013 brought. Thank you and I look forward to 2014 with bright enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment