Tuesday 28 January 2014

home dynamics

         Have you heard the songs of "Highway" yet? A R Rehman has created magic.Every-time I hear its songs playing on some music channel on TV, I decide to download its songs. I had asked ZZ to download its songs, but since the guy is busy downloading and watching season after season of "Breaking Bad", my wish went on deaf ears. So I have still not downloaded the songs. Currently I am listening them on saavn.com.

       Downloading a movie or song is not a big task. But inadverently instead of downloading something from internet myself or upgrading to latest version of software in mobile, I look for ZZ to do that for me.So this made me thinking about all the chores which I can do without any trouble but ask/plead/want/leave it to ZZ to do it for me and vice-versa.

        So while ZZ is involved with downloading and upgradation of phone and computer softwares, I am the one who is entrusted for logging broadband complaints, if any. It is he who takes garbage out of home and washing clothes and sorting/ folding after they are washed and dried is my duty. It is he who fills the fridge bottles every day and cooking/ making tea is my duty though at times when I am too lazy to cook we swap our duties. Here I have to admit that ZZ is far far beter at organizing than I am. His wardrobe is always better organized and in case it is not, then there are heavy chances it is because of the presence of my clothes thrown among his.

           Both ZZ and I have been brought up in the families where our fathers help women in kitchen and home in general. I wonder how does the dynamics work in your household. Any special tasks you leave it to your partner even though you can do it yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment