Sunday 5 January 2014

Complimented

      Your teacher praising your work in front of class:"Excellent", you yourself praising your work to yourself: "Super star" and overhearing your parents praising you: "Priceless"

       It was a week day,I suppose some 18-20 years back. I had woken up but still not woken up.You know what I mean. I had woken up but my eyes after a glance on clock have closed again and were not willing to open.I still do the same. Old habits die hard. I was still in the warm embrace of my quilt. In the room, beside the bed there was a study desk where I used to do my homework. That evening before, I had done my homework and my notebooks were still lying in the table stacked one over another. My parents were sitting in the bed looking over the table, having their morning cup of tea.They had their back towards me.With a squint eye I had seen them and closed my eyes and trying to catch a nap or two before they wake me up.

        "What a neat work!!' gushed my father to mummy as he turned the pages of my notebook. I think, it was either my Geography or Science notebook where we have to draw diagrams/ maps along with answers. My mummy gave a happy "hmm...vaakyi.. Yes her handwriting is good and..blah blah" as she along with my father watches over my handiwork.

          This was the first time I have heard my parents praise me (in front of me). I didnt leapt over over my bed hearing this praise from my own parents. Instead, I smiled and savoured it. I covered my face under the quilt. In my bed, under the quilt I was grinning and beaming so proud.

.



2 comments: