Monday 26 December 2011

10 Day You Challenge: four Books



1) The Time-Travellers Wife: This was such a different kind of book. Took some time to understand the story but once you do, the story engrosses you completely. While reading, I kept wondering how it would feel to have a Time-Traveller companion. It was late evening in the winters when I along with ZZ were roaming in the market when I decided to enter one store. So I stepped down from the bike and ZZ proposed to park the bike in the parking lot. And while I was wrapping the stole around my neck, I looked around and found him vanished. Yes not in the parking lot ahead nor around. And the first thought that came in to my mind at that point was oh, so this must be how Lizzee feel when her husband went away. See, the impact the book made on me.

2) The Catcer in the Rye: Well, I got to read this book in my mid-20s but then better late then never.

3) Memoirs of Geisha: I borrowed this book from the library. And I was transferred into that Japanese era of Chiyo. Later I watched the movie also but didn’t find the movie half as good as the original book.

4) Jeffrey Archer Short Stories: I was tempted to write Jhumpa Lahiri short stories but then of all her short stories, I remember only one even though I enjoyed reading all of them. I love how she plays with memories, fights with love and lonliness in her prose. But Jeffrey Archer style is more I like-straight to the point, with its own twists, the language simple yet captivating. Currently reading “Kane & abel” in ebook format and cant wait to finish it. This may well explain my bias towards the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment