Friday 30 December 2011

10 Day You Challenge: 2 songs





2 Songs
Strange how some songs holds memories. One day I was listening to some song and it reminded me of a college friend, a random song playing in the radio brought back the memories of days bygone. So the two songs are not only the favourite songs but favourite old memories also..

1) Dil dhoondta hain: An old friend introduced me to this song. I bought my first Gulzaar cassette at that time. Everytime I listen to this song, it reminds me of those lazy afternoons when me and my mother spread on the bed listened to the songs, me fast-forwarding/ rewinding the cassette so as to reach to my favourite song, getting in and out of the bed to change the side of the cassette once it has rolled completely. Those were such carefree days and everytime the song sings of the lazy afternoons of the winters and breezy nights of the summers, the heart dreams to live them.



2) Way Back into love: I had just watchd the movie, courtesy ZZ to whom I used to hand-over the list of good movies which he downloaded for me and brought to me during those days. I loved the movie and this song too. Inside one Diwali Greeting card that he had posted to me, there was a paper in which he had written the song in his specially-calligraphed writing in ink pen. I was back into love.

1 comment: