Tuesday 4 February 2014

Late Bloomer

Today I am sharing some secrets here...

I watched "The Sound of Music" after my marriage.

I read "Charlotte's Web" last year.

I got to read "The Little Prince" this January only.

"Daddy Long Legs" is the book which I started and finished in a day and that is today.


I went through the passage of childhood without the oppurtunity to read these books and movies. I have yet not a read a single "Fantastic Four" series or "Agatha Christie" or other young adult book. It was not that I was not into books in my student days. I had my monthly dose of youth magzines, comics and I used to read english stories from the course books of my friends of other schools and curriculam. But I never got exposed to the classic children literature. May be it was location factor as there never were such book shops or good library and I never had peers and cousins who had read such books themselves. But better late than never. And slowly and stealthily I am reading my share of children literature and loving every second of it. I have said it earlier but let me say it aloud again-"One is never too old to read children book and watch animation movies". I downloaded the pdf format of "Daddy Long Legs" and read it in my office today and finished it at home just now. And I loved it. Every.single.line. I may count it in the list o my favourite books. The book inspire me to read "Little Women" (I have already seen the movie) even if possible in abridged form.

So if you have any more good books to recommend to a woman in the last pedestal of her 20s, please feel free to comment and share. You would definitely make the child in me very happy.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment