Thursday 19 February 2009

9 reasons why I dont miss TV

It just come to my mind that I have almost completed 2.10 years of my existence without TV (Occasional visits tohome and others's residence where i control the remote are excused)!!!I have sparsed my college days from this time-period as there I always had an option to watch TV in common-room.
So here I reason why I dont miss TV:
1) Absence of TV from my surroundings made me discover the oh-so-cool Radio.Yes, the 10 months I spent in Delhi were passed listening to the sound-waves at the frequency of 91.2 FM,93.5 FM and et al and even today i miss the scintillationg voice of Sayema from one station presenting old hindi songs and the husky sound of Nitin from the other.** Luckily I just discover that in my current place too, radio signals catch in my mobile**
2) No TV,no time-waste. I can clean my room without a second thought that I may miss a scene from any serial or a clip of new video.
3) I can read, literally.When I was young( I mean in my teens,it sounds so loooong time back;(( ) I used to convince my mother that I CAN read while watching TV.Now, do I have to reveal the truth to you??:) So last couple of years I had quite a time to read what I want and what is required..
4) I get time to call old friends and talk to them at length without my eyes glued to some "Idiot Box".
5) I can go anywhere I want to in the evening or in other words, can socialize.
6) Oh I just realized I can use my evening time to learn Table-Tennis in the club as well!!!
7) I dont need TV when music can be accessed from MP3 players,mobiles ,ipod and your neighbours place:)).
8) I can write, ahemm, think of writing at least..
9) Last but not the least,I am blessed with *RICH* friends who own TV and are *BENIGN* enough to hand me the remote when I visit them once in a while.So I get up-to-date with the latest offerings of Bollywood, the sole reason of my TV viewing:))

8 comments:

  1. I just realised that you have soo much time when you don't have TV at home when my dad took away the cable wire to his office place so that I can prepare well for Boards.
    But with no TV and only studies, I do crave for TV. even now :(
    Anyways, nice post. Makes me realise that there are many other things other than a TV, that is studies, studies and only studies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @omg,
    agree!! n there is this peculiar thing with TV that when u have time to watch TV, nothing interesting wil be coming in it n the best programmes n movies will be coming at time when u are too busy to watch it:(( seeing ur awesome photography talent n yes the story-weaving, you surely have better things to do:))..

    @ramya,
    its less than half a month to go,girl!! people have created such a halla about Boards
    but sincerely, its just like other exams but whose result will alwayz be mentioned in your resume from now on:)) good luck, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one :) There was a time when I was such a TV freak, but its been more than a year now that I have gone TV less, and not missing it at all...and thanks to you, I know what new songs I should be downloading :)
    keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Thanks for visiting my blog and great to see your comments. I was worried about starting my work on tuesday with my new employes, but am all gared up & excited to start next tuesday!!

    Abut the TV topic, I completely agree with you on saving time and receating yurself. From last 6 mnths, I somehow do not get access to TV much, which has reslted me in listening to music - read books - write which was never a priority for me!!!

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree that we can do productive things instead of sitting in front of idiot box....its nice to know that u are really enjoying life....

    ReplyDelete
  6. @misha :))
    @shruti hope u have a great beginning there. n yes without TV there is so much to do...
    @anshul i just hope that not only you agree but also try to do something productive with your text-books as well:P

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only time i turn the tv on is to play video games..

    Haiku poetry

    ReplyDelete
  8. @work hard..
    i find this link "HAIKU POETRY" ...whats this all about?

    ReplyDelete