Monday 19 April 2010

All you who sleep tonight-1


All you who sleep tonight
Far from the ones you love.
No hand to left or right
And emptiness above-

Know that you are not alone.
The whole world share your tears.
Some for a day or two
While some for all their years.
-Vikram Seth

I just happened to pick this book from my Club library mainly because it was a Vikram Seth and it was not thick;) . Also it was the first time I would be reading a book on poetry. I think I lack depth to understand all a composer tries to write between lines but then when you read something so direct and plain yet so profound and poetic, you can not but fall in love with it.
Definitely, the best poem I have read till date...

5 comments:

  1. i loved the last part :) .. nice poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe, wondering now if I should pick up books on poems...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. That is lovely..
    Thanks for sharing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty, so pretty but still contains of an indescribable bitterness inside.

    love this a lot.

    ReplyDelete