Wednesday 30 September 2009

Poor Me

I was reading “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” a couple of weeks ago. Inspired and motivated, I felt it is not late to start and sharpen your financial intelligence. The next valid step was to switch my newspaper from “The Times of India” to yes, you guessed it right, “Economic Times”.

As I don’t have any idiot box at my place, the newspaper and internet are my sole windows to the world outside.
I had started comtemplating about opening a DeMat account and buying-and-selling shares and growing rich and buying a bigger car, my own house and traveling the world. hmph.. All this needs knowledge about the ups and downs of market that would come with the newspaper I will be reading and the sites that I would be visiting on the internet.

I have this particular habit of glancing the head-lines in the first page, then moving to the back of the newspaper where Sports News, then global news and then local news and then the front page. Yes I read backwards.

To cut a long story short, for past couple of weeks-1 week, I have been setting my alarm at 6:00AM everyday unsuccessfully, so that I could wake up early and catch the newspaper hawker to ask him to bring my Sports, entertainment, and non-economical-global news back..

Yes, I am missing TOI and I want it back.

P.S: “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” is a remarkable book every person should read. And if you feel inspired, do drop me a note telling me the steps that one could follow to implement the lessons that the book shared.

3 comments:

  1. I read tht book long back...nice read...hope u get ur TOI back soon...tc girl..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @celestialrays yes its a great book and do read n share..

    @neha :))amen thanks..as the month is ending, i hope i ll catch him when he comes to collect the bill:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should go buy that good, I have heard so much reviews about it . . . good luck on getting your TOI :P

    ReplyDelete