Sunday 13 July 2014

And it rained today

I am not a rain person. I have waxed eloquent my dislike for rains in this post . But then life throws you into situations where you have to face your dislikes and displeasures and you have to chew your own words.

We all know how monsoon has not been favorable this year because of El-nino effect and yada-yada. June came and gone by, July is half passed but we had yet to see a good rain this year. The weather has been extremely hot and humid. Everyday temperature sour to above 40 degrees. Add to it the extreme stickiness of humidity and frequent power cuts. Every night I cried for this cruel weather and power-cuts and every morning I prayed for rains so that at least we get some respite from this situation.

And just as we finished our lunch today, ZZ yelled from kitchen ( No he didnt cook the lunch. He was just there to put his plate in sink. I know there is no need of explanation but I just want to make clear in case doubts arise in your minds :p) "It's raining. Take out clotes from the cloth line outside". I literally jumped from my seat and opened the door. It was raining!!!! I danced my way to ZZ (imagine the bhangara and jumping singing "yay!!yay!! yay!! baarish ho rahi hain".

And I did the unthinkable. I have never voluntarily danced in the rain. I never have this urge to dance in the first showers of the rain that few of my friends have. But today I just wanted to go out and enjoy in rain. And did I have fun getting wet in rain? You bet.

I have never waited for rains like this in my entire life (may be waited for rains to go away) and I have never rejoiced its showers like today. But then one gotta face this cruel hot and humid weather to appreciate rains.

Am I a convert from non-rain person to rain-person. Cant say. But yes I do understand how rains are a harbinger of hope and joy in life.



Pic Courtesy: Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment